For most people, summer is when they want to be looking their very best. Unfortunately, with changing temperatures and humidity levels, it can be difficult to stay on top of skin care during the warmer months.
There are a number of important things to keep in mind if you are wondering how to most effectively care for your skin during the summer months. Summer skin care in Scottsdale, AZ is especially challenging, thanks to the Valley of the Sun’s notoriously intense solar rays and infamously dry air. Getting a facial in the summer, for instance, is still a good idea, though it does require more after-care than you might expect in more temperate months.
Here are just a few ways that you can keep your skin looking and feeling great, even in the midst of the summer heat:
- Drink more water: When you’re out and about in the summer months, it can be challenging to keep your hydration levels where they should be. In fact, staying hydrated is one of the most difficult aspects of summer life, particularly in Arizona. If you suffer internal dehydration, however, your skin could become permanently damaged.
- Exfoliate regularly: During the summertime, exposure to the sun may be causing your skin cells to die off more quickly than they typically would. That’s why it’s especially important to remove them with an exfoliator as regularly as possible. You should exfoliate your skin once a day, prior to makeup application in the morning.
- Keep the sunscreen handy: The largest risk your skin faces in the summertime relates to overexposure to the sun. Sun damage doesn’t just make your skin look bad—it could actually lead to serious medical conditions, like skin cancer. You should apply sunscreen first thing in the morning, and then continue to reapply throughout the rest of the day.
- Go in for a facial: Going in for a facial in Scottsdale, AZ is one of the most significant ways you can care for your skin in the summertime. It’s important to only go to a trusted skin care provider, however, and to minimize your exposure to the sun after your facial is complete.
- Moisturize your skin: In Arizona, the air is always driest in the summer. This means that an essential part of your routine for skin care in Scottsdale, AZ should be to regularly apply and reapply moisturizer. This will keep your skin from drying out and prevent unsightly flaking.
Allure Medspa is a premier source of skin care in Scottsdale, AZ. We are proud to provide a full range of skin care services, ranging from Botox to facials in Scottsdale, AZ. If you are looking for an engaging and dependable environment to care for your skin throughout the entirety of the year, look no further than our renowned clinic.
As the premier medical spa in the Phoenix region, we employ registered nurses, certified injectors and licensed estheticians. We have the expertise and tools necessary to keep your skin looking and feeling its very best year-round. Contact one of our friendly representatives today to learn more!