Whether it’s your first time getting Botox treatment or you have undergone this procedure multiple times, the way you care for your skin and the treatment site following the procedure are crucial. Taking the appropriate steps ensures that you can avoid undesirable side effects and allows you to stay as comfortable as possible as you recover from the procedure:
- Know what to avoid: There are several things that you will need to stay away from after your procedure, and it’s important that you are aware of these things. Alcohol and salty foods can both contribute to swelling. In addition, certain medications may need to be avoided. For more specific and personalized advice, make sure you talk to your doctor prior to the procedure.
- Give yourself time to recover: Don’t expect to jump back into your regular routine immediately after getting Botox in Scottsdale, AZ. Give yourself some time to rest and recover at home before going back to work or the gym. Wait several hours before exercising for the best treatment results.
- Leave the injection site alone: You might be tempted to touch or manipulate the area where treatment was administered, but you should refrain from doing this. Avoid any contact with the area that was treated for at least three hours after your appointment. You should also avoid facial therapies like microdermabrasion or laser treatments for at least 10 days.
- Stay upright: Even though you might want to rest following your procedure, it’s best for you to relax in an upright position. Lying down within four hours of your treatment can cause drooping eyelids, since it allows the Botox to track into the orbit of your eye.
- Be patient: The results from a Botox treatment might take up to a week to appear. Be patient and keep an eye out for noticeable results. If it’s been two weeks or more and you still haven’t seen the kind of results you were expecting, simply schedule an appointment for a touch-up injection treatment.
- Take it easy: Don’t worry about interfering with the Botox treatment by using your regular facial expressions. Relax and feel free to smile and frown as you normally would. In fact, many providers advise patients to smile to help work the Botox into the muscle.
- Stay comfortable: You can use a cold compress and take Tylenol to avoid swelling and discomfort. Make sure you stay relaxed and keep yourself as comfortable as possible as you recover from your treatment. With the right self-care, you’ll be back to your normal routine in no time.
For the best results from your Botox treatment, start by making your appointment with a premier provider of filler products and services. Here at Allure Medspa, we have been helping our clients improve their appearance and boost their confidence with Botox in Scottsdale, AZ for years. Each of our trained medical professionals are prepared to walk you through the ins and outs of each of the procedures, therapies and services that we offer. We want you to feel completely comfortable with the treatment you receive, which is why we are happy to answer each and every one of your questions before we begin treatment. Schedule your appointment today by giving us a call.
Categorised in: Botox