Dermaplaning is an extremely effective means of exfoliating the skin. During the treatment, the doctor uses a scalpel to gently scrape dead skin cells off the skin’s surface.
This might sound intimidating or even unnecessary to a person who is unfamiliar with the process, but it is completely safe and gets tremendous results. As dead skin and microscopic hairs form all over your body, your complexion will start to appear flaky or dull, and you could experience acne breakouts because of clogged follicles and pores.
If you’re interested in learning more about dermaplaning in Scottsdale, AZ, here is some information you should consider:
- All skin types can benefit from dermaplaning: Just about any type of skin can withstand dermaplaning, and the process can be especially beneficial for people who have very dry skin, dull skin, sun damage or fine lines. However, keep in mind the procedure requires a sharp scalpel, so if you have inflamed acne, you should wait to get the procedure until the condition clears up.
- It’s quick and easy: You don’t have to worry about being put out of your usual routine when you go through dermaplaning. While you might have a little bit of redness or tenderness after dermaplaning, it would be no worse than razor burn you’d experience after shaving. You could even go in and have the process done over your lunch hour, then go right back to work afterward and not have your ability to do your job be affected.
- You’ll need to treat your skin afterward: Wear SPF sunscreen every day for some time after your dermaplaning appointment. After any type of exfoliation, your skin is always extra-susceptible to the sun and ultraviolet rays. If you don’t think you can keep up with this daily routine of applying SPF sunscreen, dermaplaning may not be for you.
- Be prepared for the initial investment: A single dermaplaning treatment will cost you somewhere between $150 and $250. However, you’ll notice an immediate difference in the tone and texture of your skin, so it is absolutely worth the price. It’s just important to know what to expect financially so you don’t experience sticker shock when you go in for your appointment.
- Never try it at home: Unlike other methods of exfoliation, this is a practice you should never, ever attempt at home. The method uses surgical scalpels and requires a great deal of professionalism and technique.
- You won’t have to worry about hair coming back thicker: Many people are under the mistaken impression that dermaplaning will result in your hair growing back thicker or darker. In actuality, the hair is the same texture and grows back at the same speed—it might feel thicker because the hair was cut off straight by a razor, but the process itself does not cause any difference in the way your hair grows in.
Want to learn more about dermaplaning or get a facial in Scottsdale, AZ? Contact our team today and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Categorised in: Medspa Treatments