Pre and Post Care for BOTOX / Dysport
Botox: Botox begins to take effect in 7-10 days and takes 2 weeks to hit its peak. Clinically it lasts 3-4 months.
Dysport: Dysport begins to take effect in 3-5 days and takes 2 weeks to hit its peak. Clinically it lasts 3-4 months.
*If additional units are needed, they will not be injected until the initial injections have hit their peaks*
Immediate Post Treatment:
- Do not touch or massage the treatment area for 48 hours.
- Redness and bumps maybe present for 30-60 minutes.
- Bruising can occur and may last for about a week.
- Arnica and/or bromelain can help any bruising or inflammation resolve quicker.
4 Hours Post Treatment:
- Keep head upright for 4 hours; avoid laying down flat.
- Makeup is okay after 4 hours; Apply makeup with clean hands and brushes will help decrease risk of infection.
- Please do not use extreme pressure to apply cosmetics, lotions, or serums.
24 Hours Post Treatment:
- If forehead is treated, do not wear hats, headbands, sweatbands etc. Do not use Clarisonic Brushes or such to avoid migration of product.
- No exercise for 24 hours.
- No hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, tanning beds for 24 hours.
- No vigorous washing, scrubbing or rubbing of treatment area- this includes facials, massages, Clarisonic face brushes, facial waxing, exfoliating scrubs etc.
Tips for your next visit:
* Studies show a daily dose of 50mg Zinc Citrate and 100mg Phytase for 4 days prior to treatment and the day of treatment may help Botox/Dysport last up to 30% longer.
*Avoid the following medications and supplements that thin the blood:
- Vitamin E
- Fish oil/Omega-3’s
- (Please check with your doctor before scheduling your injectables appointment if you are on an aspirin or blood thinner regimen).